Energix B Vaccine
Energix B Vaccine is commercially available as a sterile suspension, ready to use for I.M. injection. The vial must be shaken well before administration. Paediatric & Adolescent dose: Each 0.5ml dose contains 10mcg of Hepatitis B surface antigen (purified) adsorbed on 0.25mg Aluminium as Aluminium hydroxide and 0.025mg of Thiomersal as preservative. Adult dose Each 1 ml adult dose contains 20 mcg of Hepatitis B surface antigen (purified) adsorbedon 0.5 mg Aluminium as Aluminium hydroxide and 0.05mg of Thiomersal as preservative.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE:-
Elovac-B Vaccine is indicated for immunization against infection caused by all known sub types of Hepatitis B virus. Routine vaccination New born, infants, children and adolescents. Vaccination of defined high risk populations High risk populations
1. People who have a job that involves contact with human blood (Ex: Health care personnel, Military personnel etc.)
2. Travelers to area where Hepatitis B is common.
3. Injectable drug abusers.
4. Patients who may require multiple blood transfusions.
5. Persons originating from areas of high end emicity.
6. Persons who have sex with someone infected with HBV
7. Persons who have sex with more than one partner.
8. Men who have sex with men.
9. People who live in the same house with someone who has chronic HBV infection.
10.Infants born to HBV positive mothers.